Careers at Cobalt
Cobalt Software’s culture offers the flexibility, fast pace and perks of a tech startup, with the operational maturity of an established software company.
We like to solve hard problems together as a team and work smarter, not harder. We’re dedicated to accomplishing our objectives and meeting the needs of our clients, while maintaining a balance between work and fun.
We’re looking for smart, mission-driven team players who are ready to dive in and pursue a challenging and rewarding career with us.
We’re driven by our mission of helping our clients change with the times and adapt to the future. The private club industry is dynamic and closely reflects changes and trends in our culture. More people are reaching higher levels of economic security and living longer and healthier lives.
At the same time, more people are realizing the health and longevity benefits of maintaining positive social connections within a community. With a mission of connecting and engaging like minded members, private clubs serve an important role in our society.
At Cobalt, we’re building technology that can help private clubs be more effective today, while empowering their employees and meeting the needs of their membership in the future.
Support is a vital role within our organization. Learning both our products and our clients’ businesses intimately, our support team works to respond to client questions, track issues and change requests and perform training and help to our clients daily.
Project managers are responsible for designing and running effective projects to deliver and meet the needs of our clients and our organization. Tracking and prioritizing client requests, managing project timelines, resources and tasks, and maintaining organization and documentation are the primary responsibilities of our project management professionals.
Developers, engineers, architects, designers and quality assurance testers are at the heart of our business, designing, developing, testing and delivering our high- quality products to our clients.
Sales, Marketing & Product Strategy
These teams work to understand the needs of our client base and make connections and recommendations to ensure we are providing a valuable product and experience to our clients.
Business Analyst (Software Support and Implementation)
Cobalt Software, the newest and best option on the market for digital amenities and management systems for the country club industry, is seeking a Business Analyst for its growing client support and implementation team.
This position is primarily a liaison between the development team and our clients. The Business Analyst (BA) is tasked with ensuring client satisfaction with software support and implementation for both existing and new clients.
The BA will interact with existing clients to serve as first-tier technical support, answering questions and opening tickets in our proprietary issue tracking tool. The BA will be responsible for completely and accurately documenting the issue and the underlying business need and communicating effectively to the technical team to design and deliver an appropriate solution. The BA will also perform testing to catch any errors before releasing changes to the client. The BA must be prompt, responsive, thorough and possess excellent follow-through to ensure issues get resolved completely and quickly.
The BA may also work on implementation projects for new clients as assigned. The BA’s role will be to collect and analyze the client’s business requirements for change requests, document, and transfer this knowledge to the development teams. The BA will also serve in testing, quality assurance and client training for new clients as assigned.
The BA must gain an in-depth knowledge of our products and our clients' businesses to provide specific input on designing solutions that meet the client's business needs. As an expert in both the client’s business and the software products, occasionally the BA will be called on to support sales and marketing activities. The BA may also be called to contribute to the product development team to recommend new features and provide industry insight.
The BA is expected to use any available means to understand the industry, including self-directed research, in addition to company-provided training sessions. The successful candidate will possess a strong internal motivation to succeed, become an expert and be as proactive as possible to benefit clients and the company.
The BA is part of our client support team and will report to the director of product strategy, project manager and/or account manager, depending on the projects or modules assigned.
- Support software development
- Requirements gathering and analysis - both internally and externally (from clients)
- Prepare accurate and detailed requirement specifications documents (BRD), user interface mock ups, process diagrams
- Manage client expectations and keep them informed and updated on the status and progress of requested changes
- Prepare training guides and functional specification documents
- Design and execute the test scenarios
- Train the clients on using the software and optimizing their business processes
- Support product
- Provide suggestions to the product development team during the development stage of product to meet the client's business needs
- Create product requirements documents for development team
- Communicate with all stakeholders appropriately
- Support marketing
- Develop input for product sheets
- Provide input and feedback on marketing materials and messaging
- Attend and exhibit at conferences as assigned
- Support sales
- Respond to product questions for RFPs and during sales process
- Provide industry insights
- Assist in demoing product and support sales efforts
Skills and Qualifications
- Minimum of 2 years demonstrated development, product management and/or product owner work experience in an agile software environment
- Understanding country clubs as a business
- Ability to manage multiple projects and clearly define different delivery options and their respective tradeoffs.
- Strategic yet action-oriented thinking. Advanced analytical, statistical, quantitative, and deduction skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong presentation skills and ability to communicate details of product changes to clients effectively
- Skilled using Microsoft office tools as needed to communicate effectively, including PowerPoint presentations, Word documents, Excel spreadsheet lists, and creating flow chart diagrams and other visual representations to impart understanding of software product and client’s business
- BS/BA in computer science, business, or related discipline required.
Required experience: Software Product Management or comparable experience: 2 years
To apply: Submit cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cover letter must indicate an understanding of what our company does and explain at a high level why you believe you are a good fit for the position. Applications without cover letter will not be considered.