7 Reasons Your Club Needs a POS with Mobile POS Flexibility
Mobile point of sale (POS) systems have become the norm in most restaurants from quick service to fine dining and entertainment venues due to laundry list of improved benefits they provide. However there has been resistance in private clubs in fear it will cheapen the member experience. However, implemented in the right way they will only provide benefits to your club staff and your membership and their experience.
We’re not suggesting a Mobile point of sale (POS) is the right option for every outlet at your club, although if you’re investing in a new F&B system, implementing some Mobile POSs in the right areas of the club is a great idea. A mobile point of sale (POS) system can bring numerous benefits to food and beverage operations at a club. In this blog, we will explore the benefits and features of mobile POS systems for clubs, as well as some key considerations when selecting a system. Here are just a few examples:
- Greater flexibility: One of the main benefits of mobile POS systems is their portability. With a traditional POS system, staff are typically confined to placing their members orders at a stationary terminal location or two within a restaurant. Mobile POS systems, on the other hand, can be used anywhere within the club, allowing staff to take orders and process transactions directly at tables, on the pool deck, golf course, etc. This can help to speed up the process of taking orders and reduce the time members must wait to be served. Mobile POS systems are especially useful for events or special occasions where a stationary terminal might not be convenient. This can help increase revenue by allowing the club to offer food and beverage service in areas that might not have been possible with a traditional POS system. Think F&B carts on the greens, or pop-up food trucks or food tents during busy season.
- Improved efficiency: With a mobile POS system, servers can take orders and process payments right at the table, eliminating the need to walk back and forth to a stationary terminal. Think about the benefits for a packed beach or pool deck, servers can get their order in and go to their next guest without having to do any back and forth. In addition, the recipe feature for items on Cobalt’s F&B POS allows servers to see right on their tablet the ingredients in a dish whether the member has an allergy or wants to omit something. Saving the server time from leaving the table to check with the chef in the kitchen. This saves time and reduce the risk of errors as well as providing better service for the members and an enhanced member experience.
- Enhanced member experience: Mobile POS systems allow servers to spend more time interacting with members, which can lead to a more personalized and enjoyable dining experience. Having the mobile POS in the servers’ hands prompting with previous orders or members favorites, also allows for anticipatory service which makes lasting impact on the members experience. Especially when considering mobile POS somewhere like the pool deck or beach, Mobile POS allows for quicker turnaround times, so members don't have to wait as long for their food and drinks. Just think about the amount of time it takes a server to get up from the beach or across the pool deck before they can place the order into a traditional POS. With Mobile POS the kitchen gets started on the order as soon as the server leaves the members pool chairs. By the time the server moves onto the next member and back up to the bar or kitchen, the order could be ready and being delivered to your members.
- Increased sales: By streamlining the ordering and payment process, mobile POS systems can help increase sales and revenue. For example, servers can upsell and make recommendations more easily. Cobalt’s Mobile POS allows the server to even check recipes on menu items to help describe it to the members and up sell as well as allowing them quick access to see if a menu item contains a member’s allergen. This avoids servers having to leave the table and ask the chef if there’s peanuts or gluten in a dish and allows the server to give the member a quick response. Members may be more inclined to make additional purchases if the process is quick and convenient.
- Enhanced accuracy: Mobile POS systems can reduce the risk of errors by allowing servers to input orders directly into the system rather than relying on handwritten notes or memory. This can improve accuracy and reduce the need for corrections and refunds as well as improved member satisfaction.
- Better inventory management: Mobile POS systems can integrate with inventory management systems, allowing club staff to easily track inventory levels and identify any shortages. This can help reduce waste and improve profitability.
- Improved security: Finally, clubs should consider the system's security features. Mobile POS systems can offer enhanced security features, such as encrypted data transmission and the ability to process payments securely. This can help protect both the club and its members from fraudulent activity. Mobile POS systems handle sensitive financial data, so it is important to choose a system that has robust security measures in place to protect against data breaches and fraud.
Mobile POS systems can offer a range of benefits to clubs, including increased portability, improved member service, real-time data and analytics, and a range of features to help manage operations. When selecting a mobile POS system, clubs should consider the device, ease of use of the user interface for quick adaptability and employee training, integration with other systems, and security measures. By choosing the right mobile POS system, clubs can improve their operations and better serve their members and provide an enhanced member experience. Contact us today to learn more about Cobalt’s leading-edge Food & Beverage POS solution.